You may print this out for your own personal use, but please do not rewrite, translate, e-mail out, offer any part of this on any other site, add to a CD, or claim this as your own. Your finished result is yours to do with as you please, including making tags and/or snags for others. You may offer your results wherever you wish, but you may not sell for profit. This tutorial was written by timber on March 16, 2012.
I wrote this tutorial using PSP8 and Animation Shop 3.10. To complete this tutorial, you need to have a comfortable working knowledge of the Tools, Materials and Layer palettes, as well as the Menu options and working with plugin filters. I expect you to know how to search the web for the needed filters and fonts. I will not be taking the time to provide screenshots, but if one is needed for clarification, then just ask me.
For this tutorial, you will need:
Eye Candy 4000 Glass
(or EC3; let me know if you need the glass settings for EC3)
Colorful Lens Pattern
You may have this pre-installed in your PSP Patterns folder.
It came with my PSP8.
- Create a new image 500x200, white background
- Text Tool: vector, Groovy font, size=72 (or whatever you like), stroke=1, anti-alias checked
- Materials: foreground (color=#011AC6), background pattern (Colorful lens, angle=25, scale=50)
- Type text in all capital letters; center on canvas
- Create selection from vector; convert to raster layer
- Contract selection by 2
- Inner bevel: bevel2, 10, 25, 7, -20, 35, white, 135, 35, 60
- Eye Candy 4000 glass: reset to factory default; change bevel width=4.25, change color=white
- Select none
- Drop shadow: 3, 3, 25, 5, #290A0E (or whatever you like)
- Hide white background and crop as you like; leave white background hidden; copy merge
- Paste as new animation
- Effects>insert image effect: effect=rotate colors, length=2.0, 5fps, run effect in reverse direction (you can check the box or leave it unchecked)
- Find the one frame of the animation with the display time of 10 and change it to 20
- Save as median cut, error diffusion
For my tag below, I pasted the blue text outline on top of the text in Animation Shop after applying the image effect.
And don`t stop with text.
I created the image below by using a preset shape.
See Member Results HERE